Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Summer Is Gone!

Is it awful for a mother to wave happily to her beautiful children as they drive off for their first day back to school? I know I'm not the only one that smiled this morning!

The sun was not always out this summer but it was full of happy memories. Scott & I enjoyed taking quick road trips with the kids & camping together. We plan to do more of the same next summer. I loved traveling with my family growing up. John & I didn't always get along in the back seat for 3-4 days of none stop driving, but those memories are priceless. I still sing Tom T. Hall's "Sneaking Snake" under my breath from time to time.

Below are pictures from the past few weeks. We are looking forward to a new school year. Both girls have great teachers this year and we are so happy for both of them. Alex actually told me that she was excited about going back - which hasn't happened in a long time! Teachers really do make a difference in our children's lives - good or bad. As a PTA Mom, I completely believe that keeping the communication lines open with your child's teacher is a major thing. If we don't stick up for our kids who will? Anyway, that is my PTA advertisement for the week! LOL

Scott and his dad, Roger, are headed to Saskatchewan soon for a 4 day Big Game Hunt. If you hunt, then you know how excited they are to do this this once-in-a-lifetime event. Please keep both of them in prayer for their safety & that they enjoy this time together. I'll post pictures of their HUGE Elk next month. *fingers crossed*

Thanks for checking in on us. I promise to continue to update each month. Come back often. God bless your Autumn, The Knox5


~BACK TO SCHOOL~

6th grade

Alex's best friend, Bethany, made this shirt. It's one of those Tweener sayings!

My happy-go-lucky 2nd grader!
Do they look happy to go back?
Alex was given Jesse McCartney concert tickets for her Birthday.

Jesse was playing at the Oregon State Fair last week.

Bethany & her Mom came with us.

I had to turn my flash off - this was the best I could do.
We where in the 5th row - about 100ft away from him. Such a cute kid!



My handsome nephew, Colton, is now playing PeeWee Football. Here are some great pictures that Amy sent our way. Doesn't he look just like John? John is one of the coaches, which I bet he is just loving! John is the 2nd one in from the right & Colton is sitting up front on the right.

Colton's 3pt Stance!

Nehalem Bay ~Crabbing!

So many crabs... yet, all but four where too small...

Sea Lions Resting on the beach

Girls can do anything boys can do!

When you say smile, this is what he does.

We are still working on the potty training -
having the camper this summer was so helpful!

2 comments:

Valorie Leonard said...

You weren't the only one smiling when the kids went back. It sure made my life easier too :) Looks like you had so much fun this summer. Valorie

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kim...love the pics! MOM