The week of the 4th is always busy for us. Independence Day means so much to me. I love dressing up the kids in red, white & blue. Being free has never meant that it comes for free. I'm grateful for all the servicemen & women that make the day worth celebrating.
Our school district is in major need of money. We have not had a bond passed since I was in middle school. So, when the principal of our school cornered me and asked me to walk in the parade with "The Friends of The School Bond", I felt obligated to show my support. I've always tried to do what I say I'm going to do. Which is why I get so upset when others don't follow through. Imagine how frustrated I was when I realized the girls & I were the only ones from Mari-Linn to walk. Yes, the 4th is a very busy day for everyone & some have other commitments. We did, too. But we make an effort to help when we are asked. The girls were happy to ride their bikes and I guess that is all that matters.
My Cheesy Little Man

The kids & Their Red, White & Blue
The Parade:


Madi biking ahead
Before the parade. They had fun decorating their bikes
Alexandra turned 12yrs old on the 5th. Hard to imagine she is now old enough to babysit. We celebrated the day taking two of her friends to a movie & dinner. Afterwards they decorate flip flops. Here is my attempt at making a birthday cake. Another friend was supposed to come, but couldn't at the last moment. Hence, the 4 sleeping girls.
Something I've decided to do when kids will not stand still for a good picture; make goofy comments on goofy pictures. Here are a few I thought would bring a smile to your face


1 comment:
Love em! Love you!
Hey, now you and Scott can do a date night and leave Ali with the other two. Boy, that brings back memories as an oldest child.
Post a Comment