After several years of chaperoning pumpkin patch field trips you get use to a few things. Boots are a must here in Oregon - many times so are gloves. Another thing I figured out (the hard way, I might add) is it can take students forever to choose just the right pumpkin to bring home. With the girls, it could take 15 mins or more before they found "the perfect one". By then, I'm walking ahead, wiping dirt off the pumpkins, turning them so the dented sides are not showing and pretty much begging for them to choose one.
This "boy" stuff is still so new to me. I'm learning not to stress so much over their hyper activity. As my little group & I walked into the field I was mentally preparing myself for the amount of time it was going to take... It took less than four minutes. The boys barely walked three feet into the field, grabbed the first pumpkin that could fit into their bags & it was all over. Seriously? Wow... what a difference!! I quickly learned that the corn & sunflower mazes had more precedence on this trip. Duh, Mom!!












No comments:
Post a Comment