Hunter is in Kindergarten. He feels like a big kid coming home on the bus. We enrolled him in YMCA’s Rookie Basketball and he thinks it’s wonderful. Watching little ones try to make a basket into an 8 ft tall hoop is nerve wracking as a Mom. The smiles on the kids’ faces when they do make it are priceless. Another past-time for the boy is fishing with Scott. They have some great conversations about Crappie & Big Mouth Bass!
Madi
son is a hard working 4th grader. She does well in school and many of the faculty tell me they love her. She has a servant’s heart, always willing to help anyone that needs it. Madi played her first season of YMCA Volleyball last spring. She enjoyed it so well that she played fall VB ball, too. Once the season was over the school began an intramural program for girls in the 4th - 7th grades. She has improved so much since she began. YMCA Basketball begins in a month. Sports are good for the soul!
Alexandra, an 8th grader, enjoys being top dog at school. She is doing
Algebra on a computer this year. It’s strange to see schools going paperless, but, she is bringing home A’s and that‘s all that matters. God has blessed us with smart kids and I am ecstatic about it. Ali will go through a Promotion Ceremony in June. This is going to be quite the emotional event for all of us. I’m not ready to send her off to high school! Please pray that I don’t embarrass her to death as I bawl in the stands. She is also playing Basketball. Such a great blocker! When those feet plant, there is no moving her. A few weeks back Ali, her cousin & BFF were some of the silly girls standing in line at Midnight to watch the first showing of Twilight’s “New Moon“. She had a blast and is a proud member of Team Jacob.
Scott is great as ever. He continues to play as hard as he works. In June we traveled to Brownlee for our yearly camping trip. I love watching him fish with the kids. He is so patient and positive. He also enjoyed Tuna fishing with his dad as Grey Whales swam near. The girls & I also took turns using him as our personal guide on the Santiam River. We love the pontoon raft! November he headed over to Eastern Oregon for Elk season. Out of seven guys they bagged five. If any of you have recipes for Elk, I’d truly be grateful!
And me? I keep all of the above running. The house is never clean, but I love being a SAHM. I’m quickly learning that the older the kids get, I’m never “home“. I’m still active in the PTA and continue to be a board member for Friends of The Family. With the help of some amazing classmates, I was apart of Stayton High’s 1989 Reunion Committee. It was great fun. Growing up is such a blessing! I began taking care of Kimberly again, too. With the help of Weight Watchers and the support of my beautiful family & friends, I stand 30 lbs lighter than I did this time last year. It took me nine years to see that taking time for me is not being self absorbed. My family needs me - not a martyr. Besides, the fun part is fitting into Ali’s clothes!!!
Christmas Blessings to you & yours!
Scott, Kimberly, Alexandra, Madison & Hunter Knox






No comments:
Post a Comment