Monday, January 15, 2007

Snow In The Great Northwest!

Wednesday the foothills of the Cascades received just under 4" of snow. It was beautiful to watch come down. Even the coast saw snow on the sand… When the temperatures drop, however, is when all heck breaks loose around here. Thursday we had two different car accidents happen right outside our front door. The first one was a college student losing control of her car and driving up onto our embankment. Other than being frightened she was fine. Sadly, not more than 10 minutes later another accident took the lives of two in a 2-car accident. I have seen enough police, fire & Ambulance vehicles to last me a life time. Ice will always win & life is way too short, so please slow down in the cold weather. OK, that is my two cents!


Two teachers from Mari-Linn have started up an Intramural Basketball Team for girls grades 4th thru 7th. Alex has finally asked to play ball! You should have seen how fast I signed the permission slip. She had her second game this past Saturday and seems to be moving right along learning the game. She has been shy about taking the ball during the game because the other players are friends. Scott has promised to give her $1 for every time she gets the ball in her hands next week, so we’ll see how she does.


Madi is doing terrific as always in school. She begs to use the phone daily. I guess hanging out with her old Mom isn’t enough fun anymore. Hunter and I are going round and round in the bathroom business… Will this kid ever get out of diapers? I know, I know… “This, too, shall pass“… And, yes, I do hear my Mom’s voice “It’s the parents that get trained” *giggles*


Enjoy the most recent pictures! If they seem too small to view, click on them. It will make them bigger.



Thank goodness for 5 acres!
They love being outside as it's snowing. Hunter is trying to taste the snow.
Alex took this pic.
Hunter loves to slide on the shovel
I love seeing their eyes shine in this pic.
She landed right under my feet.
They love using the small hill in the pasture to slide down
She is up to something with this smile
She loves going head first. Tho, it makes me nervous.
Thought I had a good pic. of all of them until I saw Ali eating Madi's hat. *ugh*
The view from my family room. Loving the sunshine!!!
The view from the kitchen. God is so awesome!!!

Love To All,

The Knox5

No comments: