Still have not taken any recent photos of the kids. Easter is two days away, so, I will get them!!
Report cards were fantastic. I have to say, it's an amazing feeling to have smart kids. Growing up it was always about beauty. Don't get me wrong, I want to teach my children to look nice & stay healthy. However, being smart, especially girls, is a must. Why? Because the world is a different place these days. Knowledge is power & it bring success!
Alexandra is doing very well. She took the Oregon reading placement test this past week. In Oregon, students now have to take reading & math test three times a year. This shows the school if students are retaining what they are taught. In November, Alex scored a #237 in reading. A high "Meets Requirements" is a #234. This past week I was ecstatic to hear she scored a #250. The information I've received through the grapevine is that this score beats out even the 8 th grade students! Another brag I must share is that she was placed in the 7 th Science class last fall. We were a bit worried, but once again, she proves her intelligence by bringing home a 99.3%! This grade is higher than all of the 7 th graders.
Miss Madison is also doing fantastic. Her teacher was very proud to share that she reads 148 words a minute. She is an easy-going student that gets along with all of her classmates. Wednesday she was happy to share that she only missed 2 problems from her state testing. *woohoo*
See why I must brag today? Scott & I are so blessed!
Hunter is learning so much from his sisters. He loves to be read to. If I'm unable to read a book, he will use his Puppy-Dog Eyes on the girls. Alex can never say no. We are filling out registration papers to enroll him in Preschool for the fall. He wants to go to school, but continues to tell me that he wants to stay a baby. He usually tells me this after he has been scolded for messing his Pull-Up. There is progress this week, tho. Yesterday, he asked to wear big boy underwear. When I asked him if he wanted to pick out underwear, he excitedly ran to his room. Three weeks until his birthday. Please pray with us that he finally "gets it".
Now the snow has stopped and here comes the rain. All next week is Spring Break. Guess what is in the forecast? RAIN!! One of these days I must get these moldy webfeet of mine dried out.
Happy Easter!






No comments:
Post a Comment