Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Election Results

At this moment I wonder if my vote matters. Nothing I voted for, that meant anything to me, passed. Anger, disappointment, sadness, frustration. All those feelings in one big ball of sarcasm. That is what I'm feeling. I seriously thought I heard the gates of hell open with laughter last night. I know, I know, sounds a little harsh, doesn't it? But that is what I felt.

I know God is bigger than any issue on the ballot. He reminded me this morning as I opened up my email. You see, I receive two Bible verses each morning. One from www.Klove.com and the other www.TheDailyBibleVerse.org. I want to share them with all of you.

Klove brought me Isaiah 43:2:

When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.

Daily Bible Verse bought me 1st Timothy 2:1-2

I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone- for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.


I'm overwhelmed when the Lord takes time to show little old me His love. Through today's gentle reminders I heared him whisper to my heart "I'm here". I don't know what His plans are, but I know I can trust Him to see us through any frustrations.

The first verse I am claiming for the North Santiam School District. The bond did not pass. Out of approximately 10,000 residence of this area only 3,404 voted. The school lost by 270 votes. If you know me at all, you know how strongly I feel about this issue. God has something mighty in store for these students. My prayer is He allows us in on those plans quickly.

The second verse is pretty obvious, I'm claiming this one for the outcome of the Presidential seat. God uses all of us to get His Will done. Please pray with me that He surrounds our country with His Heavenly Warriors. May they continue to protect all that is right & good. May He bring good & Godly men to the aide of Mr. Obama. God can do what He says He can do! I pray we see it all to pass.

May God Bless Your Hearts Today!

Kimberly

No comments: