Monday, January 05, 2009

White Christmas Week II

We enjoyed our White Christmas! Christmas break was full of exciting weather; Snow, hail, freezing rain & tornado force winds. We lost power twice during the break. Have I told you lately how much I love our generator? Two years ago Scott had asked me what I would like for my birthday. I said a generator... Who says I'm high maintenance? We canyon girls know what it takes to survive up in "these here foothills"!


Four days ago our area was hit hard by a wind & rain storm. Some of the most impressive trees were lost. The Hwy. to Salem looked like a war zone. Many homes damaged. I laid in bed that night, listening to the rain pour from the heavens & the wind thrashing through the woodland area behind the house. I kept praying "Please, God, not our home, please keep us safe" over & over. The next morning Scott noticed a large evergreen laying on the ground, roots and all... It was hard not to get chocked up to see how easily it could have hit the house. Who says our Almighty Creator doesn't listen to prayers? Proof that He does is in my backyard! I'll walk through this week and take photos.



Hunter wasn't feeling too well on Christmas Eve. He & I stayed home from visiting with Scott's family. Christmas Day more snow fell and the temperature dropped below freezing once again. We opted to stay home from my family's get together. This was our 2nd year enjoying a very quiet & peaceful Birthday of our Savior. Don't get me wrong, I miss my family imensley, but I'm also a big time chicken when it comes to driving in bad weather. I bundled Hunter up as well as I could and we stepped out into our Winter Wonderland for some family time. Below are some photos of that fun afternoon.

Look what I got for Christmas; Gaiters! Santa thought I'd look sexy in Camouflage, even though Cabela's had them in black. I have a hunch they'll magically disappear during hunting season.

Christmas Eve Pajamas

Grandma Glenda's home made pajamas. Love in every stitch, of course!

Gingerbread Houses
Madison's house after demolition, of course!


Happy New Year from our house to yours! May God continue to bless each and every one of us throughout 2009!!

No comments: